RE: [Karlnet] KN-50 Problem

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] KN-50 Problem
From: "KarlNet Support" <support@karlnet.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 14:06:44 -0500
Peter,

The KN-50 uses the firmware on the radio card. The newest cards from Orinoco
are not in compatible in the KN-50 because of firmware, specifically they
are different radios and do not use the same drivers. The issue that is
being seen from the reports received to date is not as simple as replacing a
firmware version, if so, we would gladly have recommended a version. The
KN-50 code base is unique to the software loads for Ubicom processors. It is
not the same code base as other products, the firmware versions mentioned
are not key to the problem, although they may impact it some. The hypothesis
mentioned below about polling is incorrect. Please contact KarlNet support
off-list for further assistance.

KarlNet Technical Support
http://www.karlnet.com/Support/Supportmain.htm
614-822-5275 x 128