RE: [Karlnet] KN-50 Problem

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] KN-50 Problem
From: Peter Dordik <dordik@presov.viapvt.sk>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 12:02:45 +0100
Hallo,

> Neither the FlashROM nor the KN-xxx overwrite the firmware of the card but
> they do tell the radio to use a version of the firmware other than what is
> currently on the card

Of course, proper firmware is not overwrited (flashed), but loaded to RAM of
Orinoco (Hermes I) card.

> I believe there is an exception when it comes to
> Intersil based radios. As you mention below the KN-50 does not do this.

Yes, loading of firmware to RAM is reason, why we need care on firmware of
PRISM cards, while it is not important with Hermes cards. But Ubicom HW is
exception, because there is so small RAM and so small Flash, that was
impossible for developers to make NAT or bridge filtering. So i think, there
will be hard for developers to do autoloading of card firmware for KN50. May be
not.

I know only 3 firmware for TURBOCELL, that are available:

6.08 - WEP weak key problem
7.28 - too
8.10 - last?

Regards