Re: [Karlnet] What are we all going to do for CPE's?

To: karlnet@WISPNotes.com
Subject: Re: [Karlnet] What are we all going to do for CPE's?
From: Blair Davis <blair@wmwisp.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 13:06:04 -0400

Who is the vendor making this comment?

If this is true, it will be a problem for us. I won't buy YDI hardware.

One alternative we are testing, for fixed wireless AP's and for hotspot's is mesh. So far, it seems to be good for service residential users, but some of the testing and troubleshooting tools are still lacking.

Our backbones and business customers are all Turbocell and I don't look forward to changing to a new system.

As to a CPE, I have a working Turbocell client on CB3 hardware. I've mentioned this before. Those who would be interested in the CB3 Turbocell client contact me off list for more information.

Blair Davis
West Michigan Wireless ISP
blair AT wmwisp DOT net
269-686-8648