Re: [Karlnet] YDI killing Karlnet & ISP's are next

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] YDI killing Karlnet & ISP's are next
From: "Terry Bomersbach" <terryb@the-cia.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 18:10:40 -0500
What is disturbing about Karlnet and YDI not wishing to feed the flames?  I
see this as a company who is restructuring their product offerings in a way
that will allow them to continue to make money.  Last time I checked, I
didn't work for a Non-Profit organization or a government agency.

As for the buggy OS and hardware issues, I'm sure they're taking that into
consideration when considering what product lines they will continue to
support.  I personally wouldn't want to continue selling something to
customers that was going to require more time and effort to support.

As for the comments about directly competing with WISPs, I don't think YDI
decided that they were going into the business of being a WISP, more likely
they were interested in the technology that was being brought to the table.