RFI

Re: [RFI] Bush and BPL

To: <rfi@contesting.com>, <dj2001@mn.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Bush and BPL
From: "John" <jlockj@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 14:06:01 -0600
Dale es Group,

I went with the vanity call a few years ago (7-8?) .... it's faster in
contest exchanges!

The meter reading system uses (at least) two differently sized boxes. The
smaller ones use whip antennas - the larger ones typically use  whip antenna
and an external Yagi. The original company that made this cell-based
equipment got into serious financial problems, but was later acquired by
another firm, and, last I heard, was in the process of being sold to another
corporation. The meters don't need much of an antenna to go a couple of
blocks.

I am not aware of this system causing RFI problems - now days, that's
something to be grateful for!

73,

John  W0DC