RFI

Re: [RFI] Tv interference

To: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>, Jim P <jvpoll@dallas.net>,Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Tv interference
From: "Leigh L Klotz, Jr." <Leigh@WA5ZNU.org>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 15:47:49 -0800
I finally got my Whirlpool Duet out of the bulit-in laundry closet and
out of storage as our remodel is nearing the end.  The electronics
inside is exactly the same as the one pictured in .... EHam article
follow-on to mine, even though his is a Sears brand.
I checked the control board inside and the one Whirlpool sent me for
replacement, and they are different.  But when I swapped them, there was
no noise improvement.

I haven't swapped the front panel board yet.  It is shielded on the
inside (box around the front panell board), but I can't tell if it is
shielded on the front yet.  There were no internal ferrites, and the AC
filter was roughly the same small one pictured, though different
values.

I have a large Sprague filter to mount internally, so big ferrites to
put on some cables, and some smaller ones to clamp on.  I will be
putting the rest of them together as I can, and grounding the whole
thing to a "Ufer" ground that I had installed directly in the new
laundry room.

So, in other words, the two worst offenders we have heard about both
have the same electronics control board.  I will report more news at it
develops.

73,Leigh/WA5ZNU