RFI

Re: [RFI] Global Warming and Ecology

To: RFI Reflector <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Global Warming and Ecology
From: Mike Coslo <mjc5@psu.edu>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 21:51:28 -0500
Jim Brown wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 12:13:47 -0500, Mike Coslo wrote:
>

>> There is no UNDISPUTED evidence that global warming is the result
>> of human activities.
>>

> Those doing the disputing don't have science on their side. I see
> those doing the disputing as coming from one or more of the
> following places:
Yoiks Jim, talk about the wrong attributes! I never said that nor would
I ever.

The greenhouse effect is based on scientific facts that are able to be
experimentally proven at the high school level. Anyone arguing against
that might as well tilt at Ohms law while they are at it..

That certain gases have an effect upon atmospheric heat retention is
also a fact involved in the greenhouse effect.

We've been pumping some of those gases into the atmosphere, increasing
their percentages of the atmosphere to levels that should  have a
measurable effect. It appears that this is happening, and your note
about looking at other areas of the world is well taken. The growing
season in Canada has been extended by several weeks ( I don't have the
report in front of me, so I can't note the exact amount) But in any
event, the most effects will of course be felt at the fringes, even more
so at first.

That being said, I am perfectly willing to say that global warming is
utter bunkum. But what I need is some solid scientific evidence, not
political axe-grinding. Let's see some solid evidence of the reasons why
some scientific facts do not play out in real life, with the mechanisms
that defeat the heat retention afforded by increased greenhouse gas
percentage in the atmosphere. I also need a good explanations that what
appears to be global warming is something else. Every attempt I have
seen at debunking originates from funding sources or groups who would
profit from people believing that Global warming is a hoax.

Like I say, I'm open, but not to politically based arguments.

    - 73 de Mike KB3EIA -