RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI, Power Company.

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI, Power Company.
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 17:02:50 -0400
I have Marv Loftness'sAC Power Interference Manual Manual, and it makes it clear that sparking can cause RFI, as can arcing. He gives as an example of sparking loose hardware tying an insulator to a crossbar. The worst RFI I ever had resulted when a woodpecker undermined one of two lag bolts holding a lightning arrestor to a pole, causing sparking between the bracket and the loose bolt.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.