[RTTY] Tuning Up or Down?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Tuning Up or Down?
From: Paul.Bigwood@yaesu.co.uk (Paul Bigwood)
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 23:52:27 -0000

------_=_NextPart_000_01C16C9E.3FC767F0

-----Original Message-----
From: Hill, Don [mailto:dhill@cprk.com]

>We've discussed this somewhat on the reflector before.
>But do the majority of stations, when in S&P mode, tune from
>the top of the band to the bottom or from bottom to top?

I tuned Low to High. I don't know why, but it just seems more natural
for me. I guess it comes from my early 2M AM (note AM not FM) days. We're
talking Heathkit Lunch Boxes here.  single Xtal on 145.8MHz.
'CQ 2 de G3WYW Tuning low to high!"

I heard Bob's ZL2AMI's call from someone in Europe, waited till I heard him
reply, waited till I realised that it was not his frequency, moved up the
band a bit ( I'd been moving up anyway.), Hit F1 and 3rd or 4th call he came
back. GOT HIM!!!

I'm kicking my self about the QTC's now! Should have tried them earlier.
anyway next one look out for me QTC QRV? de G3WYW tagged onto the end of the
exchange!

Jim AD1C : Does REO/92773 mean anything to you?

73s de Paul G3WYW

Paul Bigwood,
Project Sales Manager
Vertex Standard / Yaesu UK Ltd.

This message is a privileged and confidential transmission from the sender
to the addressee, and may not be re-transmitted to any other party, either
in printed or electronic form, without the express written consent of the
sender. This message may not be forwarded to any "Newsgroup" nor any
"Mailing List" without the express written consent of  the sender.

ent: Tuesday, November 13, 2001 3:23 PM