[RTTY] Tuning Up or Down?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Tuning Up or Down?
From: ve3iay@rac.ca (Richard Ferch)
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 22:07:04 -0500
Am I the only one who does both? All else being equal, I usually start at
one end, scan until I run out of signals, then change directions and go back
the other way. In addition, I couldn't begin to count how many times I have
been moving in one direction and found myself repeatedly losing out to the
same station S&Ping in the same direction. Whenever that happens, I usually
switch directions for a while to get out from under the competition. It's my
impression that that happens more often tuning up than down (but my memory
may be based mostly on CW, not RTTY). Anyway, of course, no-one is likely to
be "fishing" for a VE3, so it's not my pattern you need to know about, it's
the pattern most commonly used by rare multipliers!

73,
Rich VE3IAY