[RTTY] Re:

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Re:
From: nh6xm@flex.com (nh6xm@flex.com)
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 17:57:52 -0900
At 09:16 PM 11/26/01 -0500, WA9ALS - John wrote:
>I just received the Badtrans virus from Ron thru the reflector.  Everyone
>please clean your computers.  You can have it and not know it.

Also beware when deleting the attachment.  I thought I had deleted the file
from Eudora's attachment folder and even tho the file was gone from the
folder I appearently had not gotten rid of it but somehow opened the file.
Within seconds ZoneAlarm, my firewall, caught the Kernell32.exe trying to
access the internet.  Immediately I disconnected from isp and ran my virus
programme.  Machine is now clean.

BTW if you're not running a firewall you should.  Without ZA on my machine
I might never have known I was infected untill I ran my virus programme at
the end of the evening.

What gets me is this is the only list of the many that I subscribe to that
passes viruses and spam.  Are we rtty folk the target of an evil plot? :-)

73 John nh6xm