[RTTY] MMTTY VS PK-232

To: RTTY@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] MMTTY VS PK-232
From: Joe <k0bx@qsl.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 23:45:46 +0000
This has been a very good topic. I must say that MMTTY copies better than my PK-232MBX but the '232' served me well for many years. Mostly the MMTTY does a better job of copying very weak audio rtty where the PK-232 would not even hear. I even added a one stage preamp to my PK-232 to raise the fixed audio level from the TS-850S. Still the PK-232 is a good terminal unit.

I have a detail article on my website on how to sharpen the filters for 170 HZ shift and realign the PK-232 for 170 HZ shift. The stock PK-232 is setup for 200hz shift so it could be used for Packet and rtty.

The article is at:

http://www.qsl.net/k0bx/align.htm

I believe AA5AU used the PK-232 until MMTTY came out(?).

Anyway, anyone with the PK-232 should find this article helpful.

Joe K0BX
on rtty for over 30 years.