RE: [RTTY] A repository of (poor) RTTY recordings?

To: "'RTTY Reflector'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [RTTY] A repository of (poor) RTTY recordings?
From: "Dave Bernstein" <aa6yq@ambersoft.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 23:10:06 -0400
I have a KAM '98, which I use with MMTTY for RTTY Dxing. WinWarbler lets
me run both simultaneously, displaying the received characters from each
in adjacent (over/under) panes. While MMTTY generally produces better
copy, the KAM often provides fills for text mis-decoded by RTTY.
Sometimes those misses occur while I'm rapidly switching MMTTY profiles
in hopes of getting better copy. I've added EU1SA's profile to my
repetoire, and look forward to assessing it's performance.

I wouldn't go buy a KAM if I didn't already have one, but if you have a
RTTY modem laying around there's an advantage to "diversity decoding",
even if MMTTY is usually the better decoder.

    73,

        Dave, AA6YQ