RE: [RTTY] RULES FOR SCC RTTY 2004 HAVE BEEN MODIFIED!

To: "'RTTY (new)'" <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [RTTY] RULES FOR SCC RTTY 2004 HAVE BEEN MODIFIED!
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 19:20:29 -0500
This does seem big time ridiculous.  But I think I know what they are trying to
do. They are trying to see if Single Ops are cheating by using the
packetcluster. Man, what a waste of their time.

For WriteLog users not using Radio Control, there is a way around the new rule.
When you change bands, just set a frequency in the middle of the band by pushing
the band button just to the left of the Entry Window and entering a frequency.
All QSO's logged on that band will be shown on that frequency. How the hell do
they know you didn't just sit there and CQ the whole time?

See how stupid this rule is? It gives a disadvantage to operators that do not
have the resources to have radio control. Do they expect everyone to run out and
buy an interface or extra COM port for their PC? Do they actual expect people
who are not using radio control to write down the frequency of each QSO?

Remember, this contest also has another stupid rule (for Single Ops):

"There is a restriction for band changes. Maximum ten (10) band changes per full
clock hour (i.e. 11:00 - 11:59 UTC) are allowed." This rule was made to try to
even the playing field but it doesn't. SO2R ops will still beat up on single
radio ops because we (SO2R ops) can pick and choose new mults on another band
and use them for band changes.

But we debate this every year. If you don't like the rules, don't play. I don't
like the rules, but I play anyway on occasion.

73, Don AA5AU