RE: [RTTY] RULES FOR SCC RTTY 2004 HAVE BEEN MODIFIED!

To: <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [RTTY] RULES FOR SCC RTTY 2004 HAVE BEEN MODIFIED!
From: "VSH (RW4WZ)" <vsh@udm.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 21:45:39 +0500

>This does seem big time ridiculous.  But I think I know what they are
trying to
>do. They are trying to see if Single Ops are cheating by using the
>packetcluster. Man, what a waste of their time.

I don't think so, there are other methods to control this.

>For WriteLog users not using Radio Control, there is a way around the new
rule.
>When you change bands, just set a frequency in the middle of the band by
pushing
>the band button just to the left of the Entry Window and entering a
frequency.
>All QSO's logged on that band will be shown on that frequency. How the hell
do
>they know you didn't just sit there and CQ the whole time?

>From my point of view it is bad advice to people who want to win the
PLAQUES.
Don't forget about the logs of Your correspondents.

>See how stupid this rule is? It gives a disadvantage to operators that do
not
>have the resources to have radio control. Do they expect everyone to run
out and
>buy an interface or extra COM port for their PC? Do they actual expect
people
>who are not using radio control to write down the frequency of each QSO?

>Remember, this contest also has another stupid rule (for Single Ops):

May be my English is bad and I do not understand the real sense of
"stupid",
but I think that is not appropriate word in constructive discussion about
the
rules.

>This rule was made to try to
>even the playing field but it doesn't. SO2R ops will still beat up on
single
>radio ops because we (SO2R ops) can pick and choose new mults on another
band
>and use them for band changes.

>But we debate this every year. If you don't like the rules, don't play. I
don't
>like the rules, but I play anyway on occasion.

Yes, it's right. Today I reread all the threads about SO2R since 2000 and
have
filling this talks are forever ;)  I predict it will rise again when we will
discuss the
rules of new Makrothen Contest. There are new classes:

 SO/MULTI LP and SO/MULTI HP

I think it is right solution for this dispute.

73!

Will see Your all in the next RTTY contest.

Larry

RW4WZ