Re: [RTTY] Re: new SCC rules

To: Phil Cooper <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Re: new SCC rules
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 15:56:40 -0700
On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 18:18:14 +0100, Phil Cooper wrote:

>To me, it will be a problem for them as it will depend on the way RTTY is
>sent!
>How about USB as against LSB, FSK against AFSK, and then high tones against
>low tones!
>In those combinations, there are enough variants to make it next to
>impossible to judge who was where.

The accepted definition of a RTTY frequency is the frequency of the MARK
signal as transmitted over the air.  It doesn't matter how it's
generated.  If someone mistakenly puts down his dial frequency when
running AFSK, he is simply incorrect.  The contest sponsors should make
this clear.

--
Bill, W6WRT
QSLs via LoTW