Re: [RTTY] RULES FOR SCC RTTY 2004 HAVE BEEN MODIFIED!

To: "'RTTY (new)'" <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RULES FOR SCC RTTY 2004 HAVE BEEN MODIFIED!
From: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 17:07:26 -0500 (CDT)
On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Shelby Summerville wrote:

-> One of those "I agree to disagree, agreeably" situations! Elimination
-> of packet assistance for SO, I do agree with. The ability to use packet
-> assistance, as a SO, and be scored along with MO, IMHO, is better than
-> competing directly with SO-- (you fill in the blanks)?

Or maybe another category?  SO, SOA, MS, etc.

One thing that always bugged me about November SS was that if my XYL and I
both wanted to operate my 100 W station, we had to enter as a Multi ...
But multis aren't segregated by power in the scores, so little chance of
winning anything no matter how hard we competed.  Kind of a disincentive.

Now that the ARRL stopped publishing results in QST, however, I can enter
whatever category I want since I never submit a log any more.  :-)

Peter Laws
N5UWY/9
Looking for MT on RTTY