RE: [RTTY] Re: AFSK/FSK etc

To: "'Shelby Summerville'" <k4ww@arrl.net>,"'RTTY'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [RTTY] Re: AFSK/FSK etc
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 18:09:28 -0500
Shelby, you an appliance operator?

OK, then I'm a novice. hee hee

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I missed the first post on this one, but if the discussion is about packet
spotting frequency using FSK vs. AFSK - it will always be like it is.
Improvement can be made through education, but there really isn't a right or
wrong way.

If 75% of RTTY operators were using AFSK, then they would say those that spot
MARK frequency are wrong.

Again, it's part of the game.  And as operators, we should be keen that if we
don't see the station on the spotted frequency - turn the VFO!!!

73, Don AA5AU