[RTTY] RTTY Growth

To: "RTTY" <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY Growth
From: <jduerbusch@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 10:48:22 -0600
I have been on RTTY since 1975 and been in most of the contest since then.
There are 3 things that contributed to the growth as I see it:

1..Top honor go's to the ARRL making RTTY (Digital) an endorseable mode for
DXCC.  All the DX'er who topped out on CW/SSB now had a new mode to work
everyone again.

2..The price of computers has come way down and make it easy for dxpeditons to
take along.

3..The RTTY contest software.  WF1B did more that any other software as it
worked very well with the slower machines and was cheap.  Writelog for adding
RTTY to a very popular windows contest program and MMTTY that is a very good
soundcard rtty program.

That is my top 3 list.  I got rid of the 28's, 35's and the Dovetrons and
ST-6's.

Joe K0BX