[RTTY] Sending DE before a callsign

To: "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Sending DE before a callsign
From: "David Hachadorian" <k6ll@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 19:08:29 -0000
From: "robert" <tf3rb@internet.is>
To: <RTTY@contesting.com>; "Shelby Summerville" <k4ww@arrl.net>
Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2005 4:19 PM
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Suggestion for upcoming RTTY Roundup

> Hi
>
> I hope that everyone send a DE before there callsign and a 599
> before the
> exchange.
> All the programs I have seen needs those two worde so they know that
> callsign is comming and a exchange.

---------------------------
If a station is in AA5AU's database, Writelog will highlight it even
without the DE. In fact, Writelog will take the string of characters
FDR8EK7WM6CVDF and highlight K7WM. This one feature gives Writelog
users a huge advantage in a RTTY contest. As far as I know, no other
program has this capability. The N1MM guys are working on it, but it's
not there yet.

It is still a good idea to send DE, because not everyone is using
Writelog/AA5AU. Stations new to RTTY especially need to send DE,
because they are not yet in the database.

There. I have given up my biggest RTTY operating secret.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ