Re: [RTTY] Have RTTY ops become SSB ops?

To: RTTY Contesting Submissions <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Have RTTY ops become SSB ops?
From: Dave Barr <k2yg@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 13:00:48 -0500
Besides rude and poor operating practices and mistakes, there is another
factor that contributes to the incessant calling problem.  If we, the
callers, send our call enough times that the length of our transmission
exceeds the length of the DX's transmission, we can miss the DX's call
to the station  he's trying to work.  Thinking the DX has not responded,
we call again, and again....   This problem is alleviated somewhat by
the DX station adding the call of the station he's attempting to work at
the end of his transmission, but really long callers can miss the DX's
entire transmission.

Example:

The DX:        AA5AU  DE P5ABC 599 599 AA5AU K

US:             DE K2YG K2YG K2YG K2YG K2YG K2YG K

Dave K2YG