Re: [RTTY] Have RTTY ops become SSB ops?

To: <va3dx@sympatico.ca>, "RTTY List" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Have RTTY ops become SSB ops?
From: Jerry Pixton <jpixton@shentel.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 13:35:10 +0000
All,

It took the VU7 5 attempts to try to get my report. And I never did
heard his confirmation, just heard him working another station.
So did I have a contract or not? Well I am in the on-line log so
he did log that qso.

But I contributed to the noise for a week afterwards trying to
make another rtty contact for insurance (at least on a different band) until
I saw the on-line confirmation.

And I did catch myself calling on the DX frequency after band-hopping
and coming back to his frequency but forgetting to engage Split. It does
happen to all of us.

Have you noticed that the weaker the DX station is, the more people call
out of turn?

Jerry, W6IHG