[RTTY] Improving receiving performance

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Improving receiving performance
From: Rudy Bakalov <r_bakalov@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 14:38:31 -0800 (PST)
This past WPX was my first real attempt to compete on RTTY and based on the
experience I have some questions for the experts:

  1. For those of you with an Icom 7566P3s, how do you set up your receiver for
optimum performance?  I did use the TBF and lowered the RF gain down to about
S9+5.

  2. How do you configure the MMTTY decoder for maximum performance?  I have a
new dual core computer that can do a lot of number crunching.

  3. Do you use any external DSP filters between the radio and the computer?

  Thanks,

  Rudy N2WQ