Re: [RTTY] Improving receiving performance

To: "Jay Bromley" <jayw5jay@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Improving receiving performance
From: "Doug Hall" <k4dsp.doug@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 16:03:48 -0500
On 2/16/07, Jay Bromley <jayw5jay@cox.net> wrote:
> I take my audio out of the back DIN plus and into the line level of the
> sound card.  No external DSP boxes used at my location now.  I wonder how
> other Pro III guys are doing with or without external DSP boxes?

Given the DSP horsepower of the current generation computing platforms
(dual core gigahertz plus CPUs) and the 32 bit DSPs used in the
current crop of radios there is absolutely no reason I can see to use
an outboard DSP for RTTY. On the Pro3 with a program like MMTTY or
cocoaModem you certainly won't see any improvement with an extra box
in-line. I retired my external DSP boxes (yeah, the ones I designed)
some time back.
73,
Doug, K4DSP