Re: [RTTY] CQ-Contest SO2R

To: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu
Subject: Re: [RTTY] CQ-Contest SO2R
From: Jay <ws7i@ewarg.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 19:38:32 -0700
At 04:51 PM 9/17/2007 -0700, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:

>Second, I can't think of any contests that limit band changes for single
>operators.  Many contests limit band changes for multi-operator categories to
>prevent those stations from acting like multi-multi "octopus" stations.

Here's one from out of Europe and the land of many many fine contesters.

SCC RTTY CHAMPIONSHIP organized by Slovenia Contest Club

4. ENTRY CATEGORIES

   1) Single Operator, All Bands, High Power (maximum 1500 watts RF output)
   2) Single Operator, All Bands, Low Power (maximum 100 watts RF output)

   3) Single Operator, All Bands, Assisted (Unlimited)  (maximum 1500 watts
RF output)
   4) Multi Operator, Single Transmitter, All Bands (maximum 1500 watts RF
output)

ONLY ONE transmitted signal is allowed at any time in all categories and
only one callsign is allowed from a particular radio station.

Ad. 1, 2) Single Operator (cat. 1 & 2): Only one operator is allowed to
perform all of the operating and logging functions. Use of DX CLUSTER,
spotting nets or any other forms of alerting are NOT permitted. There is a
restriction for band changes. Maximum ten (10) band changes per full clock
hour (i.e. 11:00 - 11:59 UTC) are allowed.

But as to your statement band changes for multi-operator categories to
prevent them from acting like MM octopus stations which was the answer to
M/S in CQWW a long time ago to "limit technology" and/or all the rest of
the things that people have been discussing around these reflectors for
five years.  What's the difference?  In fact the 10 mintue rule came into
being specifically to limit M/S operations.