[RTTY] Suggestion for JARTS 2008

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Suggestion for JARTS 2008
From: Tim Goeppinger <timgep@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 00:51:17 +0000
I would like to make a suggestion to JARTS for their contest next year.
Somewhere in
their rules, they need to say that if you are operating from Japan, US, Canada
or Australia, and
are operating outside your call area, that you must sign portable for your call
area.  This
is because each call area in JA, W, VE and VK count as multipliers.

There were many who did this, like K7RE/0 and NA4M/5, but I know of at least a
half
dozen out of call area stations in the US that did not sign portable.

I understand it is a pain for LOTW to do this, but it makes a fairer and better
contest for us all.

73,

Tim K6GEP