Re: [RTTY] Suggestion for JARTS 2008

To: "'Jim Reisert AD1C'" <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>,<ve3gsi@canada.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Suggestion for JARTS 2008
From: "Eric - VE3GSI" <ve3gsi@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 21:02:47 -0400
Hello Jim,

Yes, the WriteLog contesting software I use, does know the difference
between a station labelled AD1C at 109 degrees and AD1C/0 at 270 degrees
from my QTH here in Ontario.

However, when I check with my daily logging software Dxbase, it did not
calculate the direction correctly. Your station call, AD1C shows at 113
degrees, where AD1C/0 moved the beam to 91 deg and still identified you as a
citizen of the United States. Yet if I used AD1C/W0, it shows 272 degrees.
So it seems DXBase has a parsing issue or perhaps /W'n' is the proper way to
sign when portable(?).

Personally I would not expect a contest station to use a /W0 when a /0
should suffice, especially in CW.

Thanks for the addition input Jim, it does indeed seem that all software is
not created equal.

73 Eric - VE3GSI