Re: [RTTY] Suggestion for JARTS 2008

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Suggestion for JARTS 2008
From: "Robert Chudek" <k0rc@pclink.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 11:45:31 -0500
With the ever changing distribution of US population (i.e., callsigns), I don't
see the logic of changing this rule for the JARTS contest. My hunch is if you
look at the US radio population overall, the number of active contesters within
each district has not changed. Adding /# simply adds more "junk" to send (and
potentially miscopy) and more "work" to manage your contest logs. For example,
if I were to operate in Idaho I don't think I would bother using KØRC/7 (unless
the contest rules require it - I think BARTG has this rule).

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

Message: 3