Re: [RTTY] Suggestion for JARTS 2008

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Suggestion for JARTS 2008
From: "Alan Burgstahler" <alan-ham@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:10:12 -0700
I made 450 contacts (including the dupes) and count 19 USA stations
operating in a different call area than their calls, and did not sign /x for
the call area they were operating in.  You're right, I checked the JARTS
rules and it doesn't say anything in there about signing your call that way
(unlike other contests).  However, how many of those people do you think
read the rules before the contest (or even after the contest).  I've seen a
number of contests that require this, and there are still people not signing
portable anything.

It's not a pain for LOTW to take care of this.  All the person has to do is
to request a new cert with the /x in it.  I have three certs currently
outstanding for my call, N7BF, N7BF/7 and N7BF/M, and I can use whichever
one is required by the contact I made.  (I haven't used the /7 or /M in a
while, but still keep them active, renewing them as necessary.)

Alan - N7BF