Re: [RTTY] Why QR for the section????

To: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Why QR for the section????
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 10:38:53 -0700
Technically, you are correct, but several of us have waged a long and
hard war to eliminate the use of hyphens and I really don't want to
see them raise their ugly heads again. :-) A great many contests mix
numbers with letters in the exchange and there, hyphens are a source
of mis-copied reports and many requests for repeats. Saving one
request for a repeat is worth dozens of hyphens.

Better to have one rule (no hyphens, USOS on) than try to tweak it for
every contest, IMO.

73, Bill W6WRT