Re: [RTTY] CQWW exchange

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] CQWW exchange
From: David Wilburn <dave.wilburn@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 18:04:19 -0400
Admittedly I'm the new guy here.  But I have to say, I really liked
seeing the other stations call in the.  I mean they suggest putting CQ
at the end of the CQ.  If you roll up and see a CQ, and just through
your call out there.  When they send the exchange, then it is all
there.  Such as;

VE2FK: CQ Test de VE2FK CQ
NM4M: NM4M NM4M
VE2FK: NM4M 599 05 QC QC VE2FK

This confirms for the S&P'er that just popped on the scene what the
call is.  It also confirms what the call is from the CQ.  I saw 3
group CQ's sent out that all had different calls.

If I had just arrived and threw the call out, then I had to ask Call
AGN?  Yes, this is my fault for throwing my call out there before
being fully prepared.  But isn't the point of CQ at the end of a CQ so
that people can respond when they just roll up?

Your already sending the text anyway, and I already know my call, and
I think I know yours.  It just seems like cheap insurance.  Just one
guys opinion.

Thanks for the QSO in the contest.  73

David Wilburn
NM4M