Re: [RTTY] CQWW exchange

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] CQWW exchange
From: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 17:19:05 -0700
On Sep 29, 2008, at 3:55 PM, Junior wrote:

>  And big Ron K5? from RoundRock TX.

You mean AB5KD?  That got turned into K5DJ only after the AB5KD call
sign got permanently burned into my brain cells.  Wasn't Ron the
Digital Journal's Editor for a while?  KB8LUJ got turned into a new
callsign too.

And don't forget Raj, the most reliable mult from VE6.

TY1PS and HH2PK were on every RTTY contests, and those countries only
became rare after they stopped working RTTY.

In the earlier days, JA3DLE/1 used to win contest after contest too,
using his Tono.  But I stopped finding him in contests.  Right after I
received my new callsign, I was tuning around and lo and behold, Chiru
was there CQ'ing.  I remember telling him he was my very first RTTY
QSO using the new callsign.  A couple of months ago, a card came by
airmail from him requesting a QSL card for that contact.

And who can forget N2HOS.   Jim lost his antenna quite a while back in
some hurricane but I am still twisting his arm occasionally to get him
back on the air.  Heck, I'll go to Pactor just to work N2HOS again :-).

And we need Bob to get his brother KD8FS back on the air, too.

73
Chen, W7AY