Re: [RTTY] NAQP RTTY Frequencies

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] NAQP RTTY Frequencies
From: ki6dy@sbcglobal.net
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 19:38:01 -0800 (PST)
I sure like to know how you would police this. Is someone going to monitor
14.100 for the whole 12 hours?. Even if you did, you could not catch all the
perpetrators. I try to stay clear of this frequency but if I hear someone
calling on it I probably work them without thinking twice. The NAQP is one of
my favorite contests but if this rule were ever implemented you can count me
out because it could never be implemented fairly. You just can't disqualify
stations YOU or some monitoring agent hears on 14.100 or the PSK frequencies;
what about the ones you can't copy? You sound like a dictator and I for one
support democracy. You may be the contest manager but your opinion is not the
only one that counts. I would advise that you listen to the others who have an
opposing view, they might outnumber you and without them you don't have a
contest.

Bob (KI6DY)