Re: [RTTY] Two NA Sprint Questions

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Two NA Sprint Questions
From: "WW3S" <ww3s@zoominternet.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 08:56:23 -0400
with regard to the dupe, either they worked someone else, and not you
before, OR they thought this contest still had the old rule, where you could
work dupes as long as there were 3 qsos in between. That was the rule when
the rtty sprint first started because activity was low...as you mentioned in
the first part of your post, activity was anything but low....in the ideal
world, if I answered your CQ, and it was going to be my freq, my exchange
would be K2DSL 001 JAMIE PA DE WW3S, so everyone would know its now my freq,
there were a few people doing it that way last night, but not many, I think
that led to the confusion,....that and bad conditions, at least this far
north, were poor, so a lot of fills were needed, thats why the TU or QSL QSY
messages helped (at least for me)....if you were CQing, and had to QSY, then
your exchange should be (at least per the sprint "standard") WW3S K2DSL 001
DAVID NY ...