Re: [RTTY] Two NA Sprint Questions

To: RTTY@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Two NA Sprint Questions
From: W6SX Hank Garretson <w6sx@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 12:04:31 -0700
At 11:08 AM 15 03 2009, Ed Muns, W0YK wrote:

>I'm all for an immediate campaign for everyone to eliminate CQ, etc. from
>the end of their S&P exchanges.  What say all?

I say YES!  CQ at the end of an S&P exchange is confusing and invites
people to jump in before the QSO is properly QSL'd.

CQ at the end of a CQ is great, and I wish everyone would use it.

While we're at it.  I'm all for an immediate campaign to eliminate
QSY and similar extras from QSL messages.  Best is to send TU or RRR
and be on your way.  Anything extra is just QRM and slows you and
everyone else down.

73,

Hank, W6SX

Mammoth Lakes, California

Elevation 8083 feet in John Muir's Range of Light