Re: [RTTY] FTDX 5000 and MMTTY/N1MM

To: "rtty >> \"rtty@contesting.com\"" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] FTDX 5000 and MMTTY/N1MM
From: Richard Ferch <ve3iay@storm.ca>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 10:57:25 -0400
Steve,

If you are using the N1MM Logger/MMTTY combination, you don't need to
worry about this. In this setup, N1MM handles the radio control, so it
doesn't matter whether MMTTY supports the radio or not. The only
functions MMTTY controls in this configuration are the sound card, FSK
keying, and hardware PTT, and none of these depends on the specific
radio model.

N1MM Logger has supported the FTDX-5000 since version 10.3.6 .

If you want to use MMTTY stand-alone and you want to use its rudimentary
radio control features (Option > Setup > TX Tab > Radio command button),
I'd suggest that you try the Kenwood, Elecraft setting in the Radio
command window - I believe (subject to correction, of course) that
recent Yaesu radios (2000, 5000, 9000) use the same basic software PTT
commands as Kenwood and Elecraft radios. When you are using MMTTY from
within another logging program, this is unnecessary (and in fact not
even possible), because it is the other logging program that is
controlling the radio's software control port.

73,
Rich VE3KI