Re: [RTTY] FTDX 5000 and MMTTY/N1MM

To: rtty@contesting.com, Steve **KT0DX** <kt0dx@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] FTDX 5000 and MMTTY/N1MM
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 09:55:45 -0400
> I have moved from a FT1000MP to a FTDX5000 radio and now I have to
> re-configure all my software for the new radio.  With the FT1000MP I
> was using N1MM and MMTTY with no problem.  Now I wonder if I will be
> able to use MMTTY any more since this radio is not supported in
> MMTTY.  To be honest I have not played with  the set up above as I am
> awaiting a Microkeyer II to replace the RIGBlaster plus that I now
> have.

Get version 1.66g of MMTTY.  It includes support for the "new"
Yaesu rigs - FT-5000 is the same as (FT-9000, 2000 950 450).

One note about all of the new Yaesu rigs, you will probably need
to change CAT TOT to 1000 ms in the menu.  The default (10 ms)
is too short for most logging/digital software.

 > I believe this issue may come up more often with new radios appearing
 > and MMTTY not keeping up with the changes.

AA6YQ has now taken on the continued development of MMTTY.  He updated
is almost a year ago to support additional ports (up to COM16) and add
support for the new Yaesu control protocol.  There are very few current
radios that are not supported in MMTTY version 1.66g.

MMTTY version 1.66g can be downloaded from:
     http://mmhamsoft.amateur-radio.ca/pages/mmtty.php

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV