Re: [RTTY] FTDX 5000 and MMTTY/N1MM

To: <rtty@contesting.com>, <kt0dx@comcast.net>, "Richard Ferch" <ve3iay@storm.ca>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] FTDX 5000 and MMTTY/N1MM
From: "Dave AA6YQ" <aa6yq@ambersoft.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 12:49:57 -0400
>>>AA6YQ comments below

-----Original Message-----
From: rtty-bounces@contesting.com [mailto:rtty-bounces@contesting.com]On
Behalf Of Richard Ferch
Sent: Saturday, July 10, 2010 10:57 AM
To: rtty >> "rtty@contesting.com"
Cc: kt0dx@comcast.net

>snip<

If you want to use MMTTY stand-alone and you want to use its rudimentary
radio control features (Option > Setup > TX Tab > Radio command button),
I'd suggest that you try the Kenwood, Elecraft setting in the Radio
command window - I believe (subject to correction, of course) that
recent Yaesu radios (2000, 5000, 9000) use the same basic software PTT
commands as Kenwood and Elecraft radios.

>>>In MMTTY 1.66G, I added support for the FT-9000, FT-2000, FT-950, and
FT-450. The FT-5000's RX/TX commands are consistent with this set, so in
MMTTY's "Radio command" window, set the "Group" selector in the lower-left
corner to "Yaesu FT 9000, 2000, 950, 450", click the OK button to close the
"Radio Command" window, and click the OK button to close the Setup window.
If this doesn't get you going, please let me know.

    73,

        Dave, AA6YQ