[RTTY] Response to DX Station

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Response to DX Station
From: W3OA <w3oa@roadrunner.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 15:46:34 -0400
confirmed on RTTY I thought I knew what I was doing.  Maybe not.

When the DX station comes back to me and I'm sure he has my call correct
I send "599TU" and shut up.  In the videos a lot of the stations
repeated their own calls, some repeated the DX station's call, and many
added other "niceties".

Am I missing something?  Is there an advantage to a long response when
the DX station comes back to you?

73 - Dick, W3OA