Re: [RTTY] Response to DX Station

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Response to DX Station
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 18:22:06 -0500
Yes, I noticed that too.  And during the ST0R operation, I saw stations calling
them with ST0R DE W9ABC, etc.  Then I saw a lot of
replies where stations send the DX callsign.  The DX station already knows
their callsign, so it is NEVER needed when calling them
or sending them a report.  The only thing he needs from you is a report.  I do
always send my call in my report to a DX station with
something like "QSL TU 599 DE AA5AU ".  Sometimes I get excited and send more
than I should because I never use buffers with I send
a report to a DX station.  It's always live at the keyboard.  This way I never
hit the wrong buffer key!!!

I send the QSL TU stuff because it gives the DX's decoder time to sync just in
case.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.rttycontesting.com