Re: [RTTY] ARRL attack on current RTTY users

To: rtty-contesting.com <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ARRL attack on current RTTY users
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 10:09:23 -0500
There is a certain logic to the reponse, but it shows a detachment from reality.

It is correct that there are no bandwidth limits today, but it takes two to
communicate.  The symbol rate limitation implicitly contrains the bandwidth.
Lacking a concerted effort by malicious hams to devise a mode that uses 6kHz of
bandwidth to send at 300 baud, RTTY - arguably the least efficient digital mode
in common use - effectively occupies around 500 Hz.

Al
AB2ZY