[RTTY] What is this auto mode that QRM's me?

To: "rtty @ COL" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] What is this auto mode that QRM's me?
From: "Thomas W4HM" <thomasfgiella@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 15:28:43 -0400
Since getting into the digital modes in 2003 I've been QRM'ed 100's of times by automatic PACTOR stations on most every HF band. That means 100's of busted QSO's, many that were very important for me as I worked on RTTY DXCC and completed in 2009, #2308.

So the whole RM-11708 thing just boggles my mind. One has to ask how the ARRL could find the QRM situation okay?! It violates one of the most sacred operating tenets, not to QRM another station already operating on a frequency.

I don't want to start an ARRL rant thread but when I came to understand this I dropped my ARRL membership. Yes I know about the argument that you can't change how the ARRL operates if you are not a member. But I just don't buy that logic as the ARRL does not listen to it's membership no matter what.

So why should I give them $$$ so that they can use it to interfere with my operating. To me it's like buying a gun for a criminal so he can shoot me!!!

73 & GUD DX,
Thomas F. Giella W4HM
Lakeland, FL, USA
thomasfgiella@gmail.com