Re: [RTTY] Hardest RTTY Station to Work - EVER

To: "REFL-RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Hardest RTTY Station to Work - EVER
From: "Shelby Summerville" <k4ww@twc.com>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 07:29:52 -0400
Jeff WK6I wrote: "I didn't really have any pileup problems that I could perceive. Once the
callers understood I was going to finish working what I started working,
and do it fast, and you weren't going to get worked right away if you
stomped on someones exchange, everyone settled down.'

I had the same experience as W1AW/4 from KY. I have no pileup experience, unless 2-3, in a contest, is considered a pileup? I had few, if any problems, just signing "UP", without being specific. Only a few instances where it was necessary to specify a particular area, and when I did, those not in that area stopped calling. My only concern were the continuous request for "when are you going to be on", referring to another band. I equate this to the "DX hogs" that insist on working them on every band and mode, without considering that another station could need them as a "new one"? I still believe that any scoreboard should not be public information, until the "event" is completely finished? Regardless, I had fun, and look forward to the late July, early August session, which I plan on concentrating on WARC bands.

C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW

Since I don't have an iPad or iPhone, sent from my PC