Re: [RTTY] Lids running RTTY on the JT65 Frequency

To: Mark n2qt <n2qt.va@gmail.com>, RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Lids running RTTY on the JT65 Frequency
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 11:13:55 -0500

> The other problem is often the JTx guys run SSB type bandwidths

I understand the SSB type bandwidth/tuning in the waterfall behavior.
However setting that aside, there were dozens of RTTY signals dead on
top of JT9 and JT65 stations this weekend.  The issue is that RTTY
operators don't know - or care - about the 48 seconds on/12 seconds
off/2 minute cycle of JT65/JT9.  If a frequency is vacant for even a
second some RTTY operator will press F1 there.

The only real solution is score reductions for those who transmit
(particularly those who run) below xx.0805 mark - particularly on
80/20/15/10.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV