Re: [RTTY] Lids running RTTY on the JT65 Frequency

To: RTTY contest group <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Lids running RTTY on the JT65 Frequency
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 15:37:06 -0600
Leaving aside the whiners ...  I avoid 070 - 075 because, while not
invisible, I learned that those funny spikes were actually PSK and not
my thermostat (or TV or ..).  No problem, I don't go there.

What the invisble-mode digital community needs to do is PUBLISH A LIST
OF INVISIBLE MODE WATERING HOLES.  Because a lot of K1JT's modes are
invisible unless you run a particular type of software.  Undoubtedly,
the whiners will say "well, it's all clearly written on this website
you've never heard of and which doesn't show up in Google" ...

I don't think it's reasonable for them to ask us not to QRM them when
we have no way of known where they are unless we run their software.
If I hear it, I avoid it.  CW, those calliope modes (MFSK?), etc.  But
if I can't hear it and can't make out what it is on MMTTY's display,
I'm going to assume the frequency is clear.