Re: [RTTY] RTTY Contest Operating

To: Rich <rwnewbould@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY Contest Operating
From: Ed Muns <ed@w0yk.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 18:37:35 -0400
If the contest rules require 599 to be sent in the exchange, then it is a
violation to not send it.  It doesn't matter if we think it is unnecessary.
The contest sponsor requires it and that's all that matters.

When you encounter someone omitting RST, you could ask for a fill.  If enough
of do this, they will likely be influenced to start sending it normally.

Contest sponsors can disqualify abusers, but they would need recordings.  A
better way is for other contesters to send a polite FYI email after the contest
about RST being required.

73,
Ed W0YK