Re: [RTTY] RTTY Contest Operating

To: Jeff AC0C <keepwalking188@ac0c.com>, "ed@w0yk.com" <ed@w0yk.com>, 'RTTY Reflector' <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY Contest Operating
From: Don AA5AU <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 21:28:16 +0000 (UTC)
Jeff AC0C wrote: "I wonder what Don AA5AU has for repeat count?  He's generally
running LP and does not have Ed's favored QTH so his experience may be closer
to what the average guy would encounter."
What? Louisiana is not more favorable than Aruba? HI (Actually I've found
Louisiana's fertile ground to be exceptional for the launching of RF as some of
you have noticed.)
My repeat count depends on the situation. If I feel copy is really rough on the
other end, I'll send the number 5 or 6 or more times but the usual is four
times. Requests for repeats have been lower, especially when S&P, since I send
the serial number three times in my S&P exchange message.
599 123 123 123
That's it. No callsigns, just the report on a new line and a space after the
3rd serial number.
This in comparison to my Run exchange message:
AC0C 599 123 123
My S&P exchange, which sends the serial number 3 times, is actually shorter
than my run exchange which contains the serial number only twice.
Don AA5AU