Re: [RTTY] Robot Processing RST

To: "Peter Laws" <plaws0@gmail.com>, <ed@w0yk.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Robot Processing RST
From: "Jim W7RY" <w7ry@centurytel.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 21:11:41 -0800
I received a 579 from a weekend gleeker on Sunday. I put it in the log as what he sent. It had better count!

73
Jim W7RY

-----Original Message----- From: Peter Laws
Sent: Friday, February 19, 2016 9:10 AM
To: ed@w0yk.com
Cc: RTTY contest group

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 10:52 AM, Ed Muns <ed@w0yk.com> wrote:

The robot will accept any valid RST besides '599'.

If I configure my program to transmit 589 instead of 599 and the other
op's program logs that I sent 599, will the robot kick that out as a
mismatch?

I think inclusion of RST is silly and would rather it was replaced
with another piece of information (anything!) but will send it as long
as it's required.  I think I will be changing N1MM+ to send 589,
though.  :-)