[RTTY] Robot Processing RST

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Robot Processing RST
From: "Ed Muns" <ed@w0yk.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 08:52:13 -0800
The log submission robots' purpose is to check format and give feedback when
there is an error.  It checks that the RST field is a three digit number
that meets the requirements of an RST.  So, '1234' is an error.  So is
'623'.  So is '099'.  Therefore, many serial numbers will not pass the RST
test.

The robot will accept any valid RST besides '599'.

As for making these kinds of edits to your log after the contest period, it
is a reasonable thing to do.  Clearly, a typo or logger issue.

Ed W0YK

Jeff AC0C wrote:

It's actually pretty funny that the contest rules require sending/receiving
the RST, and the logger accommodates that requirement, but the CQ (and I
think ARRL) log robots won't accept anything other than 599.  The contest
rules also prohibit editing the log after the close of the contest.  Hope I
don't get a DQ!  ha ha.