Re: [RTTY] Another lesson from Don

To: "RTty@contesting.com" <RTty@contesting.com>, Shelby Summerville <k4ww@twc.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Another lesson from Don
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 13:31:16 +0000
Oh definitely. You're supposed to record the time the other guy sent.  Beyond
the mechanics of how a specific time stamp gets "locked onto" a QSO before it
is sent to you, there is no guarantee that your clock and his clock are
synchronized. Even if you assume they are, I often found differences of one
minute for QSOs that occurred near the top of a minute. In N1MM terms, if I
understand them, I'm running and send my exchange at 00:01:58; the other guy
records it in his log and sends his exchange at 00:02:03.

Al
AB2ZY